Sudden food cravings happen to the best of us. Your body constantly requires fuel to function properly. And, it does need food to obtain that energy. So, it is not surprising that you often get hunger pangs all through the day. During such times, your body starts craving sweet delicacies and other greasy food items. Right? However, if you consume your meals properly on time, and follow sleep hygiene, this shouldn’t be a problem. If you are having a balanced diet with a good amount of proteins, vitamins and other minerals, you won’t get frequent cravings. Nutritionist Lovneet Batra shared Stories on Instagram dedicating tips to manage food cravings.
According to Lovneet Batra, here are some tips to manage food cravings:
1) Avoid restrictive diet: You should refrain from following any kind of fad diet plan. Generally, these help you shed weight quickly through unhealthy food habits.
2) Stop obsessing over calories: Yes, calories are important and you need to stop consuming them excessively. However, constantly thinking about only calories and then, ending up bingeing on a lot of food due to anxiety can also be dangerous.
3) Allow yourself to enjoy your favourite food: Sometimes, you should not restrict yourself. It’s good to enjoy your favourite food items and be happy.
4) Manage stress (stress increases food cravings): Stop overeating or stress-eating. Try to look for other healthy options to deal with stress.
5) Eat enough to keep your blood sugar levels under control
6) Sleep deprivation: This is also associated with food cravings. So, aim to get at least 7 hours of sleep per night.
7) Cut back on highly palatable foods (ice cream, fast foods etc.)
It’s true that if you don’t manage your food cravings in a healthy manner, you may end up gaining weight. It’s also believed that certain food items like sugar can also lead to weight gain. Lovneet Batra once shared a post stating why you must stop eating too much sugar. She mentioned that excessive sugar may impact your gut health in a negative way. Therefore, to keep your gut healthy, stop eating the same in large quantities. You may not know this but high sugar levels often affect your energy levels also. Sugar consumption lowers your immune response. Skin experts too insist on avoiding sugar intake to keep your skin healthy. Sugar may also result in excessive fat building up in the liver.
Remember that your food choices go a long way in keeping you fit and healthy.
Featured Video Of The Day
Tandoori Chicken Popcorn Recipe | How To Make Tandoori Chicken Popcorn